“Where can I find suitable data for my course?” This is one of the most common questions instructors ask of StatPREP.
Of course, you want data that will be motivating to your students and illustrate clearly the statistical concept that you are currently covering.
- Open data initiatives by governments. Search on “open data” and a city or state government, for instance “open data chicago”:
- [Hartford, CT]
- [Seattle, WA]
- The Data and Story Library (DASL)
- Consortium for Advancement of Undergraduate Statistics Education (CAUSE) dataset site.
- Our World in Data which has numerous data sets about health, education, work, violence, media, culture, ….
- Data from StatPREP tutorials