- Who: Donna LaLonde & Danny Kaplan
- Donna is the Director of Strategic Initiatives and Outreach at the American Statistical Association and the ASA liaison on the StatPREP Board. Danny is one of the founders of StatPREP and a professor at Macalester College in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
- Title: The Compact Guide to Classical Inference: Why?
- Description: In December 2019, StatPREP.org starts the serial publication of a short and highly specialized book: The Compact Guide to Classical Inference. Keeping in mind that StatPREP is about centering statistics education on real data, this book is an anomaly: the introduction of a reframed mathematical approach to statistical inference. The reframed approach unifies into a simple, single standard procedure all the inferential settings found in intro stats and carries forward naturally to apply to “advanced” settings such as multiple regression. The webinar will be a conversation between Donna and Danny about how the many formulae and probability tables of historical statistics can be unified into a single simple test statistic, F, and an expression for the confidence interval in terms of F.
- To register click on the link: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_MwPvzQ9eTCOsixphEMccaA