StatPREP activities calendar
- Sept. 19: StatPREP Webinar: Using the Activities for Little App “Rare and Common” . Link to video recording. Do you have an unusually high pulse rate? How can a person find out? This webinar will present an activity developed for the Little App called “Common and Rare.” This activity is a group activity that is available to use in a class today. The webinar will show you how to use the activity and the Little App in an introductory Statistics course to introduce and investigate the concept of rare and common events utilizing the normal curve.
- TBA: StatPREP webinar: MAA Connect hosted by Ambika Silva (College of the Canyons) and Deveney Brown (MAA)
- Nov 12: StatPREP consulting sessions. Sign up here!
- TBA. StatPREP November Webinar. Assessment. hosted by Ambika Silva (College of the Canyons)
- Nov 14-17: 45th AMATYC Annual Conference. Wear your “Ask me about StatPREP” sticker. Contact: Kate Kozak, email@example.com
- Nov 15: StatPREP consulting sessions. Sign up here!
- Nov 21: StatPREP Hub Leader Carol Howald and co-PI Danny Kaplan leading a seminar in Washington, DC. Bringing Statistics up to Data, 4:00-5:30pm School Without Walls, 2130 G St NW, Washington, DC 20037, Closest
- Metrorail station is Foggy Bottom-GWU. For more info, contact Carol Joyce Blumberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nov 22: StatPREP’s Danny Kaplan keynotes Maryland Statistics Convening, Linthicum Heights, MD.
- Jan 14: StatPREP consulting sessions. Sign up here!
- Jan 15: MAA Minicourse at the Joint Mathematics Meetings, Minicourse #2, Teaching Reproducible Statistics with R and R Studio, presented by Ryan Botts and Judith E. Canner. (Not organized by StatPREP but of potential interest to StatPREP participants.)
- Jan 16 & 18: MAA Minicourses at the Joint Mathematics Meetings. Minicourse #8. Stats for Data Science, presented by Daniel Kaplan
- Jan 17: StatPREP consulting sessions. Sign up here!
- Jan 18: StatPREP Advisory Committee meeting at Joint Math Meetings, 9:30am-11:00am
- Jan 19: StatPREP Leadership Team meeting at Joint Math Meetings, 9am-12pm
- TBA . StatPREP Webinar: Course curricula and StatPREP, Danny Kaplan (Macalester) and Kate Kozak (Coconino Community College). We’ll describe the StatPREP companions we’ve developed for three textbooks: Open Intro Stats (free in PDF), Statistics with Technology (free online), Statistics: Unlocking the power of data (commercial publisher)
- TBA. StatPREP Webinar. The topic has not yet been set. Some ideas we’re considering: Resampling? Concise approach to inference? Guest from another project, like the data science blog from Jo Hardin and Nick Horton? Allan Rossman’s blog site, “Ask good questions.”?
- TBA. StatPREP Webinar. The new Little App site. hosted by Danny Kaplan (Macalester College). We’re launching a new edition of the Little Apps based on feedback from the 2019 summer workshops. (The original Apps will continue to be available at the same address as always.)
- TBA. StatPREP Webinar. Year-end recap.
- May 29-30 StatPREP summer workshop #1 at Florida SW State College, Fort Myers, FL. Hub leader: Rona Axelrod <Rona.Axelrod@fsw.edu
- June 3-4: StatPREP summer workshop #2 at Tarrant College, Fort Worth, TX. Hub leader: Thomas Kinzeler <Thomas.Kinzeler@tccd.edu>
- June 5-6: StatPREP summer workshop #3 at Essex Community College, Newark, NJ. Hub leader: Brooke Orosz <email@example.com>
- June 12-13: StatPREP summer workshop . #4 at Howard Community College, Columbia, MD (Washington, DC area). Hob leader: Carol Howald <firstname.lastname@example.org>